Wednesday, December 12, 2007

#15 Web 2.0 and Library 2.0

John Reimer's - "To better Bibliographic Services" struck a cord with me as I am in the Bibliographic Services team at Darebin Libraries. Libraries have certainly had a history of cooperatively sharing cataloguing and thus I read with interest of the possible uses of streamlining metadata creation. It makes sense to enhance sharing of information in much deeper ways through technology. Rick Anderson's - Away from the Iceberg's was quite accessible also and made me think carefully about those 3 major icebergs that threaten libraries - 1.The just in case collection 2.Reliance on user education 3.The Come-to-us model of library service. I agree heartily that libraries need to acknowledge and adapt to fundamental changes in our marketplaces!

No comments: